The Asian Christian Academy is a not-for-profit (501-C3) society founded in 1978 by Dr. Isaac John. The ACA goal is to provide post-graduate theological training and Christian education in the Indian context. To this end, the Evangelical Theological Seminary (ETS) at the Asian Christian Academy offers four different ministry degree programs at the Master’s and Doctoral levels.
Located near Bangalore, India, the Asian Christian Academy’s 46-acre campus also provides ministry and social services to Christians in the tiny villages surrounding the campus.
Social Programs include:
- The House of Joy, a home for destitute children. The home currently shelters, clothes and feeds 35 students in a holistic Christian living environment.
- The Asian Christian High School, an accredited Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) school for students, grades K–10. Here, students from the rural villages of India receive a quality Christian-focused education, equal to or better than what they might receive in a major Indian city, at a very low cost.
- Agape Hospital, a low or no-cost clinic for residents of the hundreds of villages in Bangalore. In addition to state-of-the-art medical treatments, patients receive Christian counsel.
A Word from John Thayil
The Asian Christian Academy is governed by an Indian Board of Directors, with an American Council to encourage and support the local leadership in its endeavors. The Bible tells us that local Christians should be responsible for appointing their church’s leaders from those in their area.
For instance, the New Testament reads: “I urge the elders among you: Give a shepherd’s care to God’s flock among you.” (1 Peter 5:1-3).
Unlike many other modern Christian ministries in the East, the Asian Christian Academy is not under the thumb of Western influences.
Founded by an Indian and run by Indians, the ACA remains a ministry governed by the people of that region.
Chairman of the Board
Indian Council of ACA
A Word from Our President
Dr. Joy M. George
With a sincere and thankful heart, I acknowledge the faithfulness of our God in providing and leading the ministry of ACA. While a student at Dallas Theological Seminary, along with the late Dr. Isaac John, I attended a few prayer meetings to hear Isaac’s dream of a seminary and related ministries in India.
Though I understood the plans, I was skeptical of its realization. But as I also learned the principle of faith, I was able to work with him to accomplish those goals. The faithful band of supporters, who stood with us since that time, has had an unwavering support for this ministry with zeal.
Today, as I walk on the campus roads of ACA, enjoy the cool breeze, stand under the shade of coconut palms, pluck mangoes, gaze at thousands of roses in the many gardens, see the beautiful buildings, and read letters from our alumni about their ministries, I am humbled to realize God’s love in making us a channel of His blessing.
As we remember our Silver Jubilee in 2001 and look forward to our Golden Jubilee in 2026, our vision for ACA is that:
- It may attain a university status with all the academic disciplines as envisaged in the aims and objectives of the society.
- We may send ACA graduates throughout India, Myanmar, Nepal and African countries.
- We become self-supporting through projects that yield income.
- The light of the glorious gospel of Christ continues to shine through us.
Please pray with us that we may be found faithful in handling God’s riches.
Throughout its history, ACA has experienced God’s marvelous protection, provision and blessing. We look forward to the future with confidence, knowing that “He who began a good work in us will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6).
Dr. Joy George
President of ACA